UP IN THE AIR

Just watched the movie Up In The Air.

It's not so dramatic, yet moving. Depressing, yet comforting.

It's true. Non-fairy tale-like. No bullshit. That's why it hurts to watch.

I was in for a chick flick. I didn't watch the trailer; I though Up In The Air was a romantic comedy. Didn't know it was a tragedy.

Just like I thought my life was a romantic comedy; but it looks more like a tragedy now.

So many books and movies are written to show the drama of real life. And I'm living it.

This urban solitude. The eternal need to go rural and blend by smiling at strangers and making small talk about nothing.

I smile at strangers because I do not know how bad they are and I try not to imagine. But I keep the people who are always around from coming close because I might not be able to handle how devious they are.

This is such a dangerous world.

That even those you thought were friends betray you. And then soon, you don't want to make friends anymore. You don't want people coming close. Because you're too afraid to get hurt. And because you have the tendency to love so much.

Then you try to forget to love. Because every time you did, you end up making the wrong choice.

In this case, let me say that chick-flicks depress me more. That all stories end up with happy extravagant endings make me look down on my own life for being less resolved.

Chick flicks make me feel like I'm doing something wrong or that I'm immensely stricken with bad luck. And then it gives me this grand idea that I can do something about it. But I have no idea what to do.

UP IN THE AIR makes me feel less depressed about the truth.


I should watch more tragedies.

Comments

Popular Posts