Donating Hair



My hair grows very fast and I get a haircut almost every month to keep it at shoulder length. I've always thought I could possibly do something better with my hair than get it chopped off every now and then, so I thought of donating it.

I googled "donating hair" and came across this link that mentions I can donate a 12-inch length of hair and drop it off at any Papemelroti outlet.

http://donateyourhair.org/donate-your-hair/

Sounds pretty simple. Now, all I need to do is grow my hair over 12 inches long to keep something for myself before I get it cut. I'll need to grow it up to my ass - which is about 10 inches to go.

Okies, no more haircuts for now! Gonna get this done :)


 *** If you'd like to donate hair as well, please click on the link and check instructions. 
 < Will post updates!>

 Update: 02/11/16

I removed the hyperlink because I got an error when I tried checking it again.

Here's a more trusted link:
http://humanheartnature.com/buy/index.php/content/book-a-date-the-gift-of-healthy-hair

I had my hair rebonded in December and badly needed a haircut in January because my hair looked real limp.  So, I lost a few inches of my hair. Ho-humm... Most of those are the parts that stick out because of the layering though. The hairdresser cut my hair straight - no layering - so it actually might work better for the donation.

It is mentioned that ideally, donations should be 12 inches long but they do accept shorter.

Q: How long should my hair be if I want to donate it?

A: Hair length should ideally be 12 inches long but for now, Cuts Against Cancer can accept hair donations that are shorter than that provided that it can be tied into a ponytail. Loose hair cannot be accepted.



As of present time, I already have about 5 inches beyond the ponytail. So, I can go ahead and donate any time now.

The goal is still 12 inches though. So I'm about 7 inches off the goal. I'll be sporting the rather boring straight haircut for now until I get the next 7 inches. Then, after that, I'll have it cut to above shoulder length. And then grow it again and get the usual layering I want. :)

It's a small sacrifice. I really want to do this. Donate the jet black thick hair I inherited from my father before it all becomes white! AJA!











Comments

Popular Posts