Coron 2011 ~ Lolo Nonoy's Food Station

Lolo Nonoy's Entrance

When we got to the hotel that we were to stay at, I asked one of the hotel staff for a good place to eat.

He mentioned something I did not pay attention to, because I know that most locals would initially mention a place for tourists when asked this question. 

This means they usually will give information on extravagant, pricey restaurants that sometimes even sell food that are common in Manila.

So, I asked him where he eats.

He said, "Lolo Nonoy's."

Lolo Nonoy's
He beamed when I said that's where I'll eat.

"E di dun ako kakain, kasi dun ka kumakain e." seemed to make his face lighten up.

He very cheerily said, "OK po dun, Ma'am. Masarap na, mura pa. Meron po kayo don makakain na fifty lang (P50.) Pag seventy (P70,) may softdrinks na."

We were supposed to have lunch at Lolo Nonoy's but we had to postpone it until dinner because Lolo Nonoy's does not serve seafood and the Coron Party of Eight (CPo8) were excited to get seafood.

We wish we stayed at Lolo Nonoy's though.
http://diyandiyanlang.blogspot.com/2011/11/coron-2011-kawayanan-grill-station.html

A focus on waiting for the food
We went back to Lolo Nonoy's for dinner and were greeted again with the smell that makes you hungrier every second.

It was a long wait. It seemed OK except that we were really hungry.

Long wait for food seemed common in Palawan though; Kawayanan Grill Station, Lolo Nonoy's and the Darayonan Lodge restaurant had us waiting until all our attention was focused on waiting for the food.

Now, I'm a budget traveler and Lolo Nonoy's was definitely a hit.

Although I do think that it would be great if the place served seafood since seafood is cheap in Palawan and is easy to cook anyway. It would be a great addition to their menu and, I project, a big increase in their sales. Hint hint***

Lolo Nonoy's served just the usual stuff: chicken, barbecue, sisig, embotido, etc.

I ordered Cordon Bleu since it was the least common viand I saw and was very satisfied. I liked that the cheese from inside was melted and can serve as sauce to the otherwise dry combination of fried food and rice. T'was the first time I ate Cordon Bleu with rice and I liked it.

There were no complaints about the food except for a minor concern with the sisig. One member of the CPo8 mentioned the sisig had too much liver in it. She was a sport and finished it just the same. Everyone else was satisfied with their food; some even had a particular liking in the embutido.

I love that the place was very simple. It was very homey for me. No alta sociedad bullshit. Just plain, sit down and relax. Sitting there waiting for the food felt like I was at home waiting for my mother to finish cooking.

Overall, Lolo Nonoy's gets a thumbs up!

Comments

Popular Posts