Brazil! Brazil! @ The Fort


Brazil! Brazil! @ Serendra

Went to Brazil! Brazil! yesterday to have lunch with office team mates.

The door was very colorful and welcoming but not without an intimidation that says: "Yeah, this will dig a hole in your pocket."

Fortunately, the company I work for allows us enough team funds to squander on P750-worth buffets at restaurants like Brazil! Brazil!

If this was going to be from my own pocket, I'll definitely forget about Brazil! Brazil!, save the P750 and book a flight to an island in the Visayas.

But, heck, it was free lunch so we were off to the buffet table without any hesitation.

the buffet on one plate
 I don't often avail of buffets because I try to discourage myself from pigging out. Capitalize TRY on that.

So my understanding of buffet is limited to Yakimix, Wensha and the buffet served during parties. I was surprised at the small number of options that Brazil! Brazil! offered considering its rate.

I guess, I have this (now diminishing) impression that buffets are supposed to give you a lot of options.

At P500, I was disappointed with Yakimix before. But now, I have a better appreciation of their buffet (and of grilling my own food since I already know how to cook.)

So enough rambling about the price and let's consider not paying for what we ate and it makes for a good experience.

Grilled meat served at the table
They served a variety of grilled meat at our table - something that may add delight if displayed at the buffet table perhaps.

I like how they grilled the chicken. It was grilled just right and with the right amount of flavor.

With the pork meat, you should choose the part that they will serve you because some parts of the pork, especially the first slice of the slab, tend to be filled with fat.

Not to say that the fatty part does not taste good - because it does - I'm just saying, for heaven's sake, let us try to avoid dying because of eating - because dying because of eating - defeats the purpose of eating.

strawberry yum!
 The buffet included pasta, one chicken viand, rice, buttered vegetables, buttered bread, green leafy vegetables, cucumber in vinegar and ice cream.

The best thing I can say about Brazil! Brazil! food is that they are cooked just right - not raw, not overcooked. It's not something that's phenomenal about a place but it's among the problems that you may encounter when you go to a place that serves grilled meat and buttered vegetables.

Now, here, they did it just right. :)

My team mates specially liked the ice cream. I like it too coz "It was sweet in the not so sinful way."

I was moving around too much when it was ice cream time that I didn't get to finish my cup.

Brazil! Brazil! buffet table
Darrah, my model, under the banana tree
The interior of the place was so colorful that it would be lovely to take the time to look around and take all it in while eating. The paintings displayed on the walls, the masks on one corner and the details on the ceiling makes you just want to stop munching and sit back.

Now, the restaurant closes at 2:30pm so I really suggest you don't take a late lunch on this one.
Me, small girl holding camera, with officemates.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388962_2901752747949_1384357149_33209141_19604801_n.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts