Traveler in Asylum

I am currently in Texas. I left Cebu City last December for a month visit to my sister in California. Went briefly to Texas to visit a friend. Went on three dates with this guy who proposed to me after two weeks and fast-forward to today, I am currently in Texas.

I feel like I'm in an asylum. Not sure whether as a crazy person entrapped or a refugee in a foreign place. Might be all of the above since 1. I feel like I'm going crazy, 2. I feel trapped - COVID quarantine and all, 3. I feel like I'm taking refuge here. 

I have quit my well-paying job in the Philippines with all its benefits and easy-peasy work load to live with this guy I'm quite alternatingly charmed and pissed by, and sometimes at the same time. 

Since I moved here in January, I've been a homemaker. It's been quite an adjustment from being totally independent - financially free, travelling every other week, living alone, and doing house chores all for myself in my small studio condominium I rented in Cebu. Now, I'm dependent - unemployed, confined in the house, doing house chores for two people in a 4-bedroom house.

Right now, I'm looking forward to getting a puppy. I hope we get one soon. I am going crazy. I need something else to do. 

I wait on this COVID storm's end patiently and, hopefully, upon it's end, I get a little more freedom. 

Comments

Popular Posts